A key organization within CMS was experiencing significant scalability and latency issues within their data warehousing and analytics environment. These challenges limited core mission-critical reporting and analysis efforts in addition to the ability to leverage advanced analytics, data science, or automation efforts.
In collaboration with the client, Analytica’s consulting team helped the organization identify and analyze the key issues that were driving these challenges – ranging from organizational process issues to antiquated data warehouse architecture and business intelligence infrastructure. Through our Agile SCRUM process, our team is implementing a solution through process and technology that include:
- Identifying best practices and benchmarks for their operating environment
- Design and architecture of a new hybrid Oracle data warehouse environment
- Prototyping dashboards and reports using various business intelligence tools, including Tableau, IBM Cognos, and Watson Analytics
- Establishing Data Governance, Master Data Management, and Data Quality Processes
- Developing robust dashboard, reports, and automated analytics
- Researching Appian infrastructure services
Analytica is also developing a workspace approach that provides the client flexibility and scalability to leverage more advanced analytics and data science approaches in the future.
Through this work we have helped the client drive greater data quality and operational efficiency while leveraging scalable and lower cost infrastructure. This success has helped the client also reduce reporting latency over 10-fold on key reports that are used across the organization. From an executive value, our modernization efforts have provided a more strategic view of the data and correlations across the data to improve decision making and outcomes. As a result of this project, our client is maximizing its business intelligence and analytics investments enabling improved financial and operational governance, reduced risk, and compliance with intergovernmental reporting requirements.